HDT Global is showing the Fast Attack Vehicle STORM SRTV with a five seat configuration. The HDT Storm SRTV (Search & Rescue Tactical Vehicle) was developed in conjunction with Special Operations Forces. Highly mobile and lightweight, this tactical vehicle facilitates mission success in austere environments. The Storm SRTV ensures mission range, provides multi-role configurations, and can be transported internally by M/HC-130P/N/J, C-130/C-130J, KC-130J and C-17 fixed- wing aircraft as well as the CH-47 and CH-53 helicopters. To further enhance mission capability, the vehicle can drive on and drive off these aircraft without shoring and can be deployed through low velocity aerial delivery or JPADS methods.
The USAF Para Rescue Forces have ordered a first lot of this vehicle. It is available in a diesel and gas version.
At the SOFIC demo it is equipped with a BULLRAY amphibious VTOL UAS from Rapid Composites. This UAS can start and land in water (waterproof IP67 design), is made of composite material and need no transport as a protection. The payload should be 7 kg and after 15 seconds it is ready to fly, flight time is up to 45 minutes. Three Picatinny rails offer different implements, it is able to carry the FN Herstal FNH-303 less than lethal launcher system.
STORM features include:
· High performance mid-engine design with high horsepower (430 hp for the gas engine, diesel has a little bit less hp, but more torque) to provide performance, maneuverability and versatility
· Long travel suspension and optimized approach and departure angles
· Carries up to three litters, in rollover protection system (ROP), without modifications, maintaining 360° weapon field of fire
· Cutting brakes allow U-turns on steep hills within the length and width of the vehicle and allows high speed J-turns
· A 20' (6.1 m) turning diameter curb-to-curb
· Performs at 10,000' (3,048 m) above mean sea level with higher horsepower levels than competitive vehicles offer at sea level
· Traverses terrain considered impassable to conventional vehicles, including vertical rock terrain
· Rollover safety for all occupants without limiting mission operational performance
· Extreme maneuverability in rugged environments
· Rapid evasive maneuverability in confined spaces
· Range of up to 563 km
· Towing capacity of 3,855.5 kg