Elbit Systems features a wide spectrum of innovative next-generation systems at DEFEXPO India 2014 (Israel Pavilion, Booth 11.24.A). Visitors to the Company’s booth have an excellent opportunity to view systems, live demos and media presentations of the company’s core technologies. As a world leading provider of innovative, cutting-edge, battle-proven solutions for all sectors of the defence market, the company offers its wide range of technologies and capabilities in various fields of its activities: UAS, helicopters solutions, intelligence, military communications systems and radios, future soldier solutions, and solutions for armoured fighting vehicles (AFV).
|DOMINATOR LD (All Photos: Elbit Systems)|
The following solutions are making a real-size appearance for the first time in India:
- HERMES 450 -The backbone of the Israel Defense Forces’ (IDF) UAS fleet
- HERMES 90 - High performance, low cost combining the performance of a tactical UAS with the robustness and mobility of mini UAS
- MRJ - Electronic Warfare system that blocks Remote Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs) activated against armoured and VIP vehicles
- BRIGHTNITE - Lightweight compact sensor enables a new level of operational flight, in all night and low-visibility conditions
The following highlights can be found at the company’s booth:
Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)Elbit Systems is a leading provider of high performance turnkey UAS solutions, including advanced air vehicles, ground control stations and intelligence management centres. In the maritime configuration, the HERMES 900’s payloads' suite includes maritime surveillance radar, AIS, electro-optical (EO) multi-sensor payload and electronic surveillance systems, up to 350 kilogrammes. It has the endurance to cover vast ocean areas, and has redundant LOS and satellite communications links and radio relay, enabling the operator to ‘talk through’ to vessels at sea. The aerodynamic efficiency of the HERMES 900 enables frequent changes in flight profiles, enabling visual identification of vessels at sea in addition to the ISAR capability provided by the radar. Satellite communication enables it to fly to mission areas at extended ranges as far as 1,000nm from shore.
|HERMES 900 (Photo: Elbit Systems)|
Recognising the extraordinary challenge of monitoring the Indian Economical Exclusion Zones (EEZ) and vast shoreline, Elbit Systems has teamed with Windward – in order to offer a unique solution to the Indian Authorities.
MarInt, Windward's proprietary satellite-based maritime analytics system is capable of covering any area of interest, delivering insightful maritime domain awareness with diverse applications such as EEZ monitoring, illegal fishery monitoring, regional traffic analysis and port traffic management.
By leveraging multiple earth observation satellites and other readily available data sources, MarInt overcomes data overload and conducts multi-source data integration, applying contextual and geo-specific behavior and discrepancy analysis to generate actionable insights.
SIGINT Payloads for UAS designed to meet the full range of UAS tactical and strategic mission requirements include:
- EMERALD (AES-210) - A fully-featured ESM/ELINT system installable on a variety of platforms of modern forces, EMERALD ensures mission-readiness in the most challenging scenarios, including: surveillance, information-gathering, geolocation, enemy radars targeting and platform self-protection.
- SKYFIX – A compact fully featured, lightweight, high-precision and modular airborne COMINT/DF system, SKYFIX is designed to meet the full range of UAS tactical and strategic mission requirements.
- SKYJAM – An airborne COMJAM system, SKYJAM is modular, flexible, and configured to handle emerging threats. The system can manage multiple frequency sub-bands prepared with predefined threat lists and jamming priorities.
|SKYFIX COMINT/DF system|
Land SectorElbit Systems’ C4I software solutions for the infantry, together with decades of communications experience accumulated by Tadiran Communications, offers extensive, battle-proven expertise for the most intense combat scenarios.
A comprehensive communication setup include the following systems:
- Tadiran SDR-7200 HH is a hand-held, lightweight software-defined radio for the dismounted soldier.
- Tadiran PNR-1000A is a Personal Network Radio providing on-the-move situational awareness.
- MIPR (Military IP Radio) is a tactical IP radio delivering high-speed broadband data communications to the battlefield.
- Tadiran GRC-408E is a high-capacity, multi-interface IP and TDM radio relay.
- The latest generation of the high-capacity line-of-sight (HCLOS) broadband radio relay systems, Tadiran GRC-408E is ECCM-capable, enabling interference-free communications.
- Enhanced Tactical Computers (ETC) is an ultra-rugged, battle-proven, high-performance tactical computing solution for combat vehicles.
- Weapon Integrated Battle Management System (WIN BMS) is a field-proven, easy to operate system, forming an inter-vehicle operating network and enhancing C4 among vehicles.
|SDR-7200HH Software Defined Radio|
A Display of Future Soldier Solutions:DOMINATOR-Light Dismounted (LD) is a soldier centric solution, based on the vast experience accumulated by the DOMINATOR IICS solution, geared specifically for the tactical dismounted infantry soldier and Special Forces. Enabling full situational awareness via network-integrated information systems, this unique solution provides superior mobility due to its reduced size, weight and power (SWaP). The extremely lightweight Dominator-LD is the ultimate command and control (C2) solution for the individual soldier level.
DOMINATOR-LD is comprised of Elbit Systems' RAPTOR rugged, all-in-one wearable computing unit, the TORC2H –D C2 application and the highly advanced Tadiran PNR-1000A, a compact, lightweight, personal network radio. An add-on capability for a comprehensive on-the-move situational awareness picture is the JS Eyepiece handheld display unit. The new solution includes a load cartridge system for the fighting soldier, designed based on years of experience and lessons learned in fielding digital soldier systems in operational environments.
The following advanced EO systems are presented as part of the DOMINATOR- LD solution:
- CORAL-CR is a hand-held 3-5µm FPA thermal imaging camera with continuous optical zoom and the addition of an integral digital compass, GPS receiver and a laser rangefinder.
- V- RAMBO - Dissemination of Intelligence via DL (Data Link), VoIP and Battlespace Video Net Systems - The dissemination system includes the Miniaturised V-RAMBO Video Receiver and Monitor, featuring a video and telemetry receiver the size of a small PDA, which can be carried in a pocket or pouch.
Solutions for AFVs:Elbit Systems Land and C4I is a pioneer in Combat Vehicle integrated systems and a supplier of more than 7,000 systems and sub-systems for new Main Battle Tanks (MBTs), Light Armoured Vehicles and upgrade programmes worldwide.
EoShield is a Vehicle IR Countermeasures system that provides "soft protection" against anti-tank ground missiles. The system provides a 360-degree protection shield for a wide variety of ground platforms.
Armoured Fighting Vehicles (AFV) Upgrading - advanced systems integration for enhanced effectiveness (including for night operations) of the weapon systems installed onboard the AFV.
Elbit System-Kinetics showcases the following products and systems:Auxiliary Power Unit (APU) for MBTs and AFVs, improves the crew’s performance and safety by reducing fatigue and minimizing exposure to noise, heat and vibrations.
Air-conditioning (A/C) Systems – Elbit's light weight, compact A/C, offers digital control and communication connectivity to external control systems, with modularly designed to eliminate the need for designated configurations. The new A\C family offers a complementary central control solution - Temperature Control Box (TCB), which allows managing up to 4 air-conditioning systems in parallel. The TCB has an external TCP/IP communication port through which the A/C system can be remotely monitored and diagnosed.
IntelligenceA world leader for over four decades in the field of Electronic and Information Warfare as well as Intelligence and C3 systems, Elbit Systems EW and SIGINT Elisra presents:
Miniature Reactive Jammer (MRJ), a new EW system that jams, Remote Controlled Improvised Explosive Devices (RCIEDs) activated against armoured and VIP vehicles. The system, operates in high frequency ranges, is suitable for protection of any vehicular platform.
The following are displayed by Multimedia:
ALL-in-SMALL is an integrated EW Suite, offering for the first time the most advanced multi-spectral DAS and ESM capabilities packed into a single LRU, delivering superior accuracy identification and location. Extremely compact in size and lightweight, the system's modular design and open architecture offer multiple interface possibilities.
Helicopters SolutionsElbit Systems, with its comprehensive airborne systems capabilities, can provide a single sensor or an entire cockpit avionic suite. The following are displayed in the company’s booth:
MUSIC (Multi-Spectral IR Countermeasures) - a family of DIRCM (Directed IR Counter Measures) solutions for protecting aircraft against heat seeking ground to air missiles. MUSIC‘s family of solutions provides aircraft with optimum protection against MANPADs. The heart of MUSIC is an innovative laser technology, which causes the system to emit a narrow laser beam towards an approaching missile, jamming its guidance system.
|MUSIC (Multi-Spectral IR Countermeasures) - a family of DIRCM (Directed IR Counter Measures) solutions for protecting aircraft against heat seeking ground to air missiles.|
Unified Self-Protection Suite for Fighter Aircraft includes the most advanced multi-spectral DAS and ESM capabilities in a single LRU, delivering the highest DF accuracy, identification, and location of received signals, with very high probability of intercept (POI) and enabling swift response.
The following is presented for the first time in DEFEXPO:
BRIGHTNITE is a lightweight compact, cost-effective sensor, enables a new level of operational flight. It maximizes the ability to fly undetected, in all night and low-visibility conditions. Installed in the front of the helicopter’s nose, BRIGHTNITE transmits high-resolution video to the Helmet-Mounted Display (HMD), allowing the pilot to fly in a head-up, eyes-on position.
Elbit Systems is an international defense electronics company engaged in a wide range of programs throughout the world. The Company, which includes Elbit Systems and its subsidiaries, operates in the areas of aerospace, land and naval systems, command, control, communications, computers, intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance ("C4ISR"), unmanned aircraft systems ("UAS"), advanced electro-optics, electro-optic space systems, EW suites, signal intelligence ("SIGINT") systems, data links and communications systems and radios. The Company also focuses on the upgrading of existing military platforms, developing new technologies for defense, homeland security and commercial aviation applications and providing a range of support services, including training and simulation systems.